Fevers can be scary for parents, especially during a pandemic. In this episode, learn about what a fever is, how it affects our body’s system, typical signs and symptoms, and holistic treatments to care for your little one’s fevers. Fevers are the body’s way of reacting and protecting against infections and how the fever triggers and alerts the body to protect and fight.
Dr. Elyssa’s favorite natural ways to help your little systems manage a fever.
- Keep hydrated with water, fruit water, and homemade Gatorade.
- Fevers are fighting an illness and getting plenty of rest helps the body heal.
- Eat easy to digest foods like bone broths, soups, stews, and purees.
- Use a lukewarm washcloth or bath instead of cold to not shock the body.
- Soke wool socks in apple cider vinegar and place on your littles feet.
- Use essential oils such as lavender, eucalyptus, and lemon.
- Signs of a fever include sweating, chills, dry mouth, dry diapers, dark urine, dry skin, fatigue, dizziness, and dehydration.
- Normal adult temperature is 98.6 but kids are naturally higher.
- Mid-afternoon fever boosts are normal for littles. Over 100.4 please reach out to your PCP, especially during Covid-19.
- Homemade Gatorade Recipe
Connect with Dr. Elyssa
Rate & Review
If you enjoyed today’s episode of Balancing Holistic Mamas, hit the subscribe button in Apple Podcasts, (or wherever you listen) so future episodes are automatically downloaded directly to your device.
You can also help by providing an honest rating & review on Apple Podcasts. reviews go a long way in helping us build awareness so that we can impact even more people. THANK YOU!
Ask & Refer
Do you have a question to ask Dr. Elyssa? Ask Here
Do you know a specialist that would be a great addition to the Balancing Holistic Mamas podcast? Suggest Here